Welcome to the Live Blogging of the 2007 Whitney Awards!

Welcome to the Whitney Awards! If you are not familiar with how blogs work, the 'beginning' is at the bottom of the screen. So, scroll down to the bottom, start reading, and enjoy!

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Why the Whitneys?

Mr. Robison Wells--dressed smartly in a black tuxedo, with no pink tie (he took seriously my warning that I would comment on that ad nauseum) is reading a quote by Orson F. Whitney about literature. It is a fabulous quote, but I'm afraid it's waaaay too long to put in vinyl letters on my wall. I might consider vinyl-ing this one sentence, though: We will yet have Miltons and Shakespeares of our own.

Truly inspiring speech, Rob.

All the finalists and lifetime achievement award winners stood for a round of applause. And now we are presenting the awards.

No comments: